This is a summary of most of the Rust projects I’ve worked on in my spare time over the last few years.
- gitsha – This was started some time in 2019 but I finished it in 2020 (even though it’s only a small project). It’s a port of charliesome/gitsha.
- vgm – A VGM file parser. Only supports parsing the headers, not actually playing music at this point.
- hl – CLI tool to highlight patterns in text. Ported from Crystal to Rust.
- Rays – Ray Tracing in One Weekend. It includes a really simple but powerful port of Bob’s Small PRNG.
- gol – Game of Life.
- chip-8 – This is an easier emulator to build than the LC-3 as the intructions are easier to parse.
- aurora – Inspired by projects such as starship, this is a prompt built in Rust to be very fast and easy to configure.
- mandelbrot-set – The mandelbrot set fractal.
- phreaking – Generate Dual Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF) tones.
- farbfeld-view – A farbfeld viewer. farbfeld is a lossless image format which is easy to parse, pipe and compress.
- msws – Middle Square Weyl Sequence
pseudorandom number generator. I made this (
no_std) to use in oos as a random number generator for doing game of life.
- oos – The beginnings of an operating system, following along the wonderful series Writing an OS in Rust by Philipp Oppermann.
- diff-color – Color
- hash-data – A library and command line tool for identifying hashes.
- tin-whistle – Takes ABC notation from STDIN and prints out tin whistle diagrams. Ported from Crystal to Rust.